We are pleased to invite you to the fall Virtual ImPACT Networking and Education Session! Please note this event is held in conjunction with the AFHTO conference, but you do not need to be registered for AFHTO to attend our session. Please see registration details below.
Who? All primary care pharmacists are invited to attend.
What? An opportunity for networking with fellow primary care pharmacists.
When? Wednesday October 27, 2021 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Where? Virtually via ZOOM.
Presentation topics include:
- Vaping 101 – Jane Ling, RPh
- Obesity as a Chronic Disease – Christine Truong, Rita Ha, Eric Lui RPh
- Understanding the role of primary care team pharmacists in managing chronic non-cancer pain or opioid use disorder (ongoing research) – Dr. Feng Chang, Christoph Laeer and Dr. Atta Naqvi will share the background, goals, and methods. Preliminary results will be shared if available.
Around 7.63 million Canadians suffer from chronic pain. Opioid medications can help relieve chronic pain conditions and many patients require such medications to manage pain and health related quality of life. We aim to report existing evidence on the pharmacist’s role in chronic pain management and opioid stewardship, as well as provide preliminary results on a mixed methods study for registered pharmacists practicing in primary care team-based settings across Ontario. The study aims to provide an understanding of the role of primary care team-based pharmacists in chronic pain management and opioid use disorders to further inform pharmacist competencies and contributions in this field of practice.
Breakout session topics include:
- integrating back into in person care
- virtual precepting
- virtual groups/programming
- performance metrics
- alcohol use disorder management
- insomnia management