We are pleased to invite you to the Fall Virtual ImPACT Networking and Education Session! Please see registration details below.
Who? All primary care pharmacists are invited to attend.
What? Opportunity to network with fellow primary care pharmacists.
When? Thursday November 3, 2022, from 12:30pm – 3:30pm EST
Where? Virtually via ZOOM
Presentation topics include:
- Infectious Diseases Potpourri: Tips, Pearls and Lessons Learned on Antimicrobial Management of CAP, UTI and SSTI – Miranda So, RPh
This rapid-fire, interactive session will focus on several commonly encountered infectious diseases syndromes (community-acquired pneumonia, urinary tract infection and cellulitis). It aims to highlight the challenges and updates related to antimicrobial management.
- Setting your student up for success – Debbie Kwan, RPh
This session will review 5 tips for creating an optimal learning experience for your students. Best practices for precepting remote and hybrid rotations will also be discussed.
- CFPC-AFPC Pharmacist Training for Comprehensive Primary Care (PT4CPC) Project – A National Initiative to Strengthen Team Based Care – Janet Cooper, AFPC Executive Director and Christine Papoushek, Pharmacotherapy Specialist
Breakout session topics include:
- scope of practice – upcoming scope to prescribe for minor ailments
- wage and benefits discussion
- antimicrobial stewardship
- referrals in the pandemic era
- resource sharing
Participants will be divided into small groups to network and discuss selected topics; the second breakout session will be divided into different small groups to allow for additional networking opportunities and a different set of topics. If time permits, the breakout platform remains an open forum to discuss any topics or questions of your liking.